As of March 20, 2020, I am no longer taking clients for the foreseeable future. I will be moving into a public service career as a deputy city attorney for the City of Berkeley. Thank you!
I provide legal advice on a sliding scale for tenants, grassroots organizations, and social entrepreneurs.
I believe everyone should have access to high-quality legal representation. If you need help navigating the legal landscape your housing community or social enterprise finds itself in, get in touch. Below is a non-exhaustive list of my services. Contact me to see if I can help, or refer you to someone else who can.
Housing and Landlord / Tenant Law
- Cooperative housing
- Real estate investment cooperatives
- Agreements: tenants-in-common, co-ownership, leases
- Advice on evictions and tenant protections
Land Use and Community Development
- Zoning and other local land use regulation
- Land trusts
- Community benefits agreements
Nonprofits, Cooperatives, and Social Enterprise
- Choice of entity and formation
- Bylaws / Operating Agreements
- Fiscal sponsorship agreements
- Contract drafting
- Employment law
- 501(c)(3) tax exemption
- Subchapter T taxation for cooperatives